What is Come and See
UPDATE: By popular demand the Teacher Book Word Documents have been revamped and broken down into seperate topics for easier access. Just check the Teachers Resources section of Main Resources.
We have also added some new resources to the Music/Sound section, produced by John Burland. Kepp your eyes peeled for more soon.
A Catholic Primary Religious Education programme for Foundation and Key Stages 1 and 2 published in July 2012.
This easy to use, teacher-friendly material has been written by a group of experienced diocesan advisors.
It follows on from successful trialling in schools in England and Wales and is based on the theological foundations of the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Catechism and the revised RE Curriculum Directory and includes the Catholic attainment levels.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church addresses the search for meaning in life. God’s initiative in Revelation who comes to meet us and our response of faith. (cf. CCC26) This pattern guides the structure of the programme and informs the process of each topic, opened up through; Explore, Reveal and Respond.
- I called this morning to enquire about the change in log in etc. I was dealt with professionally and in a friendly manner. It was a straightforward process and I logged in without a hitch. I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade to the come and see resources. An INVALUABLE resource for busy, busy teachers. Thank you.
- Thank you for the improvements you have made to the website. It is now much easier to find the well designed resources and has speeded up planning and delivery time which benefits the pupils.
- Thank you so much. I love the new format - it's so easy to use and navigate. Brilliant!
- Acting on feedback from teachers the recent improvements to the Come and See website have made it quicker and easier to navigate. Many thanks for the prompt replies to emails/phonecalls and for the help in sorting out difficulties.
- To everyone that has taken on the programme already, we hope you are enjoying what we have provided. To anyone that is still sitting on the fence...why not "Come and See!"
- Any Feedback that you send through to us we will be posted here to show people not using the programme what you think.
See for yourself
For schools that are not sure about the new programme and wish to test it out, download one of our resource samples opposite.
Welcome to the new Come and See resource website.
For those of you who have been using the programme for some time we have used all of the feedback we have received since the programme began, back in September 2012, and created a site that should be better suited to everyone's needs. We have designed this website to be easy to use, structured more clearly around the Teacher Books, and a lot nicer to look at as well.
The resources we provide have been looked through thoroughly and we have begun updating and improving everything. As the Year goes on you will see more and more improvements, and we will notify you here through our Twitter Feed. The contact form has also been updated, so contacting us with questions or issues with regards to the website has never been easier.
If you are new to the programme then please feel free to download the Sample Book pages here on the Homepage or Contact Us if there is anything you would like to discuss about website access.
The Order form is now much clearer and easier to use, just remember that resources are sold Per Class and not Per Year Group.
To all of our current and possible users we are sure you will love the programme, so why not Come and See!