What is Come and See
UPDATE: As you are aware the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales have asked for a revision of the Religious Education Curriculum Directory (2012). This work has now been completed and a draft copy has been circulated to all the dioceses of England and Wales for consultation. Please note that this has still not been ratified and is still subject to further change
With this in mind, preliminary work has begun, and it is anticipated that a more comprehensive revision of the Come and See programme will be undertaken over the coming months. It has been agreed that the Early Years Foundation Stage of the programme will be worked on first, resulting in a pilot which shall be made available during the academic year 2022/23. This is in line with the Government’s changes to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework September 2021.
We recognise, as writers, that Come and See cannot be changed overnight, and that this shall be an evolving process. It is vital that the programme grows and develops in line not only with the revised Religious Education Curriculum Directory but also in tandem with the advancement in technology widely available to teachers in the classroom. It is imperative that our pupils have access to the highest quality resources available, thereby serving to enrich their learning experiences further. To this end the Come and See programme and website will be updated regularly as the writers review the different year groups, with a view to keeping schools and teachers regularly informed.
A Catholic Primary Religious Education programme for Foundation and Key Stages 1 and 2 published in July 2012.
This easy to use teacher-friendly material has been written by a group of experienced diocesan advisors.
It follows on from successful trialling in schools in England and Wales and is based on the theological foundations of the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Catechism and the revised RE Curriculum Directory and includes the Catholic attainment levels.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church addresses the search for meaning in life. God’s initiative in Revelation who comes to meet us and our response of faith. (cf. CCC26) This pattern guides the structure of the programme and informs the process of each topic, opened up through; Explore, Reveal and Respond.
- I called this morning to enquire about the change in log in etc. I was dealt with professionally and in a friendly manner. It was a straightforward process and I logged in without a hitch. I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade to the come and see resources. An INVALUABLE resource for busy, busy teachers. Thank you.
- Thank you for the improvements you have made to the website. It is now much easier to find the well designed resources and has speeded up planning and delivery time which benefits the pupils.
- Thank you so much. I love the new format - it's so easy to use and navigate. Brilliant!
- Acting on feedback from teachers the recent improvements to the Come and See website have made it quicker and easier to navigate. Many thanks for the prompt replies to emails/phonecalls and for the help in sorting out difficulties.
- To everyone that has taken on the programme already, we hope you are enjoying what we have provided. To anyone that is still sitting on the fence...why not "Come and See!"
- Any Feedback that you send through to us we will be posted here to show people not using the programme what you think.
See for yourself
For schools that are not sure about the new programme and wish to test it out, download one of our resource samples opposite.